British Antarctic Survey Centre
British Antarctic Survey (BAS) delivers and enables world-leading interdisciplinary research in the Polar Regions, so that scientists can advance their understanding of Earth and our impact on it.
JML were challenged along with Aliva UK and ADP Architects to provide a façade that epitomised the services provided within the building.
A glass rainscreen cladding façade, inspired by the angular forms of sheet ice and the hexagonal forms of ice crystals, wraps around the building – the first of its kind in the UK.
The architectural brief provided both a challenging design and construction but is an excellent exemplar of JML’s capabilities in providing bespoke, first class design, supply and installation.
- Main Contractor: ISG Construction
- Services Provided: Structural Steel Frame and Glass Rainscreen Cladding Packages
- Sector: Science & Technology
- Package Value: £270,000.00
- Client: Aurora Cambridge Innovation Centre / University Of Cambridge